I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Sunday, 30 July 2017
Prawns Cooked in Haldi Leaves #sikandalouscuisine
Disclaimer - This recipe belongs to nowhere !
I chanced upon a bunch of haldi leaves in a vegetable shop when I went to buy drumstick for my prawn curry . I was in two minds about buying them as I had no idea what I would do with them at that time. However the price - Rs20/- for 20 leaves decided it for me and I picked up the bunch.
It didnt take long to figure out what I would do and I am glad I got to experiment with yet another leaf and method of cooking . The PASTE here defines flavors , so taste it and adjust. Keep the flavors of the PASTE strong as when applied on prawns it will all mellow down
1 Tablespoon Black Mustard Seeds.
5-6 Green Chilies.
6-7 Cloves Garlic.
1 Tablespoon Mustard Oil
1. Apply PASTE on prawns and set aside for 10-15 minutes.
2. Arrange Haldi leaves in a cross formation , apply leftover paste on the top leaf.
3. Place 2-3 prawns on the top leaf- make a parcel, secure with a string.
4. Steam the prawns. I arranged them as you can see in a container thats NOT touching the water, then placed in a cooker - shut the prawn container and weighed it down to make airtight.
5. Give three whistles in a pressure cooker, take the cooker off the heat and allow pressure to fall naturally.
6. Prawns come out beautifully cooked and your home smells divine of aromas of haldi leaf ! Drizzle more mustard oil if you like , and eat with plain boiled rice.