I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Friday, 30 June 2017
Kulleomcho Xec Xec #sikandalouscuisine
Am loving my newly discovered ability to cook crab , and now it seems there is no stopping me ! This recipe was adapted from a youtube by Ghanshyam Coastal Curry - it came out so delicious !
4 Medium Crab - Clean , apply haldi and salt.
1 Packed Cup Grated Coconut.
4-5 Dried Teaspoon Red Chili
1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder - More for color.
1 Medium Onion.
1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorn.
1 Teaspoon Jeera.
1 Tablespoon Ginger Grated.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Garlic Paste.
1 Tablespoon Tamarind Pulp - Adjust .
1 Teaspoon Haldi.
200 ml Water.
1. In a little oil saute coconut till light brown , set aside.
2. In the same wok add another teaspoon oil , splutter coriander , pepper and jeera along with dried red chilies. When aromatic add to the roasted coconut.
3. Another teaspoon or so of oil , saute onions till light brown, add ginger and garlic , cook another minute and add this too to the coconut mixture.
4. Grind coconut mixture to a smooth paste , and add kashmiri red chili powder.
5. Heat oil , add torn curry leaves , then add the coconut paste. ook covered till you see some oil. Now add crab and mix well , cook covered for 5-6 minutes.
6. Add Tamarind paste , and 200 ml water to the cooking crabs and cook till crabs turn red and you are left with a luga lipta gravy .