I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Monday, 22 May 2017
Egg & Pea Curry #sikandalouscuisine
Comfort food and a one dish meal . I normally add potatoes with an egg curry , this time I kept it simple by adding in 1 cup of frozen peas that had been waiting to be cooked for almost 6 months ! I also stayed away from the coconut route reluctantly . I am goad I did , this came out quite light and very delicious . Go with the flow type of recipe . This is what I did :
8 Boiled Eggs.
1 Cup Parboiled Peas.
2 Onions Chopped.
2 Tomatoes Pureed.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste.
1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste.
1 Teaspoon Rai / Mustard Seeds.
1 Tej Putta.
Whole Red Chilies.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Red Chili Powder - For color.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Sambar Powder.
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi Powder.
A Generous Pinch of Hing.
1. Peel eggs , make surface slits , lightly coat with haldi and red chili powder. 10 Minutes later fry the eggs in oil- Set aside.
2. Heat oil , add tej putta ,then rai /mustard seeds. When they stop spluttering turn off heat and 30 seconds later add red chili powder and hing.Mix well , this will color your dish beautifully.
3. Turn heat back on , add curry leaves and tip in onions. When light brown add every other ingredient except for sambar powder , eggs and peas.Cook covered on low till you see oil.
4. Now add in sambar powder ,stir and tip in peas and eggs ,cook in masala for 3-4 minutes.
5. Your dish is ready - you can make it dry or wet to suit your taste. I kept this like a thick curry.