I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Monday, 24 April 2017
Kerala Chicken Stew #sikandalouscuisine
We learnt this sublime recipe at the sikandalous cuisine master class which was organised at Bernado's Gurgaon . This Syrian Christian Kerala Chicken Stew recipe was was taught by Prima Kurien . I wish I had appams here at home too , to eat this stew with - the recipe is a masterpiece and seriously delicious to the last drop !
500 Grams Chicken On The Bone.
1/2 Cup Water.
1 Teaspoon Vinegar
1 Star Anise - Not in recipe.
1 Bay Leaf - Not in recipe.
A few Black Peppercorn - Not in recipe.
Pressure cook the above till chicken is half done - Strain , and reserve stock for later use in the recipe.
2 Tablespoons White Oil.
3/4 Cup Thick Coconut Milk.
A Few Curry Leaves.
3 Bay Leaves.
1 Large Onion Thickly Sliced.
3/4 Tablespoon Sliced Garlic.
3/4 Tablespoon Sliced Ginger.
3 Green Chilies Slit.
1 Tomato Quartered.
2 Potatoes Peel & Cube.
1/4 Cup Peas.
1 Large Carrot Cubed.
1. Pressure cook chicken in 1/2 cup water and 1 teaspoon vinegar till half done - Strain and reserve stock.
2. Heat oil , crackle the spice , then add onions , garlic and ginger. When Onions are translucent add potatoes.
3. When potatoes are half done add all other vegetables , saute a bit and add in the reserved stock along with par boiled chicken.
4. When all the vegetables are cooked , add coconut milk and a few curry leaves, simmer 3-4 minutes to marry flavors.
5. I sprinkled a pinch of garam masala - Not in recipe.
Wish I could have eaten this with appams - it was yum !
Note - I par boiled carrots , peas & cauliflower in the reserved stock - they picked up flavors beautifully .