Wednesday, 26 October 2016
Chettinad Ishtew #sikandalouscuisine
Adapted from Sumeet Nair's recipe in The Bangala Table , this is a delicious spicy and aromatic mutton ishtew - total stress free cooking - I made it slightly soupy on the lines of a stew .
500 Grams Mutton .
20 Dried Chilies - Mild Goondu Milagai recommended , seeded and broken.
30 Grams Large Garlic - Sliced thin and long.
1 1/2 " Cinnamon .
110 Grams Shallots - Peeled and left whole.
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi.
1 Tomato Chopped .
Pounded Masala :
1 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Black Peppercorn.
1/2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds.
1. Heat oil , add red chilies to release fragrance.
2. Add cinnamon , pounded masala and garlic to the wok , don't allow garlic to burn.
3. Add shallots and haldi . At this stage the wok should be very hot. Stir one minute.
4. Add tomatoes , cook 2-3 minutes , add mutton and salt and cook for 5-6 minutes .
5. Now adding 1/2 cup water tightly cover the wok with a fitting lid and allow the mutton to cook in its own juices till done - or Bake in the oven tightly sealed for one hour at 180C
6. Adjust gravy to taste and flavors - Yum !
Director, Asian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd.
Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/