A festive and delicious traditional sweet , here I gave a twist adding vanilla - it was delicious.
3 liters Full Cream milk.
1 Vanilla Pod - Slit and scrape.
125-150 Grams Vermicelli
1/2 Cup Assorted Nuts - Fried in Ghee
Brown Sugar To Taste
1 Teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder.
3-4 Tablespoons Ghee
3 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
1. Roast Vermicelli in a bit of ghee for 34-5 minutes till golden brown. Set aside.
2. Boil milk for 5 minutes , add vanilla pod ,Saffron and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Add Sugar to desired sweetness.
4. Remove vanilla pod , add vermicelli,cardamon powder and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. Heat ghee , lightly saute nuts , pour into kheer.
Kheer will thicken as it cools , do keep that in mind. You can eat this hot or cold , I love mine cold.
Administrator & Hawaldar
Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/