When Prima shared this recipe with me , I was skeptical and opted to cook a coorg pork dish instead of her Vindaloo . A few days later she cooked and posted her recipe , one look and I was sold on it , hence this post.
1 Kg Pork.
3 Onions Sliced.
3 Tomatoes chopped
1 Tablespoon Ginger julienned.
1 Tablespoon Garlic Julienned.3/4 Tablespoon Sugar.5-6 Green Cardamom.
1" Cinnamon whole 1 + 1 Tablespoon Vinegar.
1 Teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds.
1/4 Teaspoon Fenugreek.
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Turmeric.
7-10 Red Chillies. (depending on your taste ).
7-8 Garlic Cloves.
1. Fry onions with whole spices till onions are medium brown. Reduce heat add masala and cook gently till oil separates.
2. Add tomatoes, cook till tomatoes go limp , then add in the pork.Saute for 7-8 minutes,and tip in1 tablespoon vinegar , salt and bhuno well for about 7-10 minutes.
3. Now add 2 Cups water , tightly cover and let the pork simmer on low for an hour. At this stage I set the pork to bake well sealed at 140C for an hour.
4. After an hour , add julienned ginger and garlic. Stir it in. Replace the lid and cook / bake another hour .
5. Open the lid stir in a mixture of 3/4 Tablespoon of sugar & 1 tablespoon vinegar . After 5 minute the pot it off the fire ensuring that the gravy is suitably reduced.
6. Cover open pot with a wire net - we don't put the lid on ! Let it cool down completely. Rest it overnight. Next day it's time for THE BIG O - FoodPorn at it's best.
I use 60% pork without fat and 40% without. Like Prima I too love the fat and mopping it up with the crusty end of the bread.
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/group