I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Wednesday, 2 August 2017
Baked Sweet Yogurt From Mars #sikandalouscuisine
Shradhanjali Mishra Panda had posted a brilliant baked yogurt which is the inspiration behind my baked yogurt . I made this for a small dinner party at home and everyone liked it . I added Mars chocolate - actually I wanted a caramel flavor and this was the perfect shortcut which worked beautifully .
Preheat Oven 170C Bake 40 minutes.
1200 Grams Danone Greek Yogurt.
400 Grams Can Condensed Milk.
1 Cup Milk.
2 Mars Bars
3-4 Tablespoons Sugar - Adjust later.
6-8 Tablespoons Crushed Roasted Peanuts.
1. Hang Greek yogurt in a muslin cloth for about 20 minutes , collect the why to use elsewhere .
2. Heat milk , melt the chocolate and sugar .
3. Whisk yogurt with condensed milk , don't overbeat , but ensure there are mo lumps.Now add milk with melted chocolate.mix in well , and taste for sweetness.
4. Mix in a couple of tablespoons crushed peanuts.
5. Place a baking tray in the oven , fill with water , and place the yogurt dish on the tray directly. Bake 40 minutes , shut oven and 10-15 minutes later remove the baked yogurt.
6.Allow the dessert to cool down naturally , then cling wrap and chill , preferably overnight .
7. Garnish with roasted nuts just before serving .