Wednesday, 12 July 2017

Lemon Orange Bars #sikandalouscuisine



Preheat oven to 170 deg C. Grease and line an 8" square tin. 

When I saw this superb recipe shared by Zavher Amit Chowdhury I knew I had to make it and make it I did , with a slight twist- I added in Spiced Jam and almonds- it came out fabulous. I am reproducing Zavher's recipe , adding my twist.My twist was just to post a new recipe - Zavher's original recipe is just perfect.

For The Base:
175 Grams Flour.
125 Grams Chilled Butter. 
50 Grams Grain sugar - I used 25 Grams
2 Tablespoons Coarsely Ground Almonds -  Not in recipe.

For The Filling:
200 Grams Caster Sugar - I used 150 Grams.
2 Tablespoons Flour 2.
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder.
2 Eggs.
Juice of One Large Lemon.
Rind of The Above Lemon.
2 Tablespoons Spiced Orange Jam -  Not in recipe.
2 Tablespoons Coarsely Ground Almonds - Not in recipe.
Sifted icing sugar to decorate

Method
1. Rub together flour and butter to breadcrumb consistency. Mix in the sugar and crumbled almonds.
2. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly. Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins till golden .
3. Meanwhile in a food processor mix together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder , lemon juice , rind , orange jam and  eggs till smooth , stir in lemon rind and crumbled almonds. Pour over the prepared base.
4. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until nearly set but still a bit wobbly in the center. Remove from.oven and cool on the ton on a wire rack.
5. I cut them into bite sized pieces then dusted with icing sugar.
They taste great warm and even better when served chilled a couple of hours later.

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket #veebaasianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment