175 Grams Flour.
125 Grams Chilled Butter.
50 Grams Grain sugar - I used 25 Grams
200 Grams Caster Sugar - I used 150 Grams.
2 Tablespoons Flour 2.
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder.
Juice of One Large Lemon.
Sifted icing sugar to decorate
1. Rub together flour and butter to breadcrumb consistency. Mix in the sugar and crumbled almonds.
2. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and press down firmly. Bake in preheated oven for 20 mins till golden .
3. Meanwhile in a food processor mix together the flour, caster sugar, baking powder , lemon juice , rind , orange jam and eggs till smooth , stir in lemon rind and crumbled almonds. Pour over the prepared base.
4. Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until nearly set but still a bit wobbly in the center. Remove from.oven and cool on the ton on a wire rack.
5. I cut them into bite sized pieces then dusted with icing sugar.
They taste great warm and even better when served chilled a couple of hours later.
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/group