I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Monday, 31 July 2017
Crab Xacuti #sikandalouscuisine
This is a nice and spicy version of crab xacuti with a thick masala . The recipe has been adapted from a chicken xacuti recipe by Padma Mahale from her cookbook ISHTANN.
6 Medium Sized Crab - 500-600 Grams.
1 Large Onion For paste.
1 Large Onion Chopped.
1 Cup Grated Coconut.
6 Dried Red Chilies.
4 Green Chilies.
1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds.
5-6 Cloves Garlic.
1 Star Anise.
1. Apply haldi and salt on crabs set aside while you get prepping .
2. In a hint of oil , roast coriander seeds, cinnamon,star anise and chilies.Set aside.
3. In the same pan add some oil , fry onions till a light brown , then add in garlic coconut and saute till coconut lightly colors.
4. Grind roasted spice and onion coconut mixture to a paste.
5. Heat oil , saute onions , when brown add crab , as crab begins to turn red add in ground masala , bhuno well for 3-5 minutes , add 1 cup hot water , cook covered for 4-5 minutes.