I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Tuesday, 27 June 2017
Karela Alu #sikandalouscuisine
An unusual combination - and a delicious one !
200 Grams Karela
2 Large Onions.
5-6 Methe Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera.
1/2 Teaspoon Kilonji.
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Grated/Paste.
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi Powder.
2 Dried Red Chilies.
2-3 Tablespoons Chopped Tomatoes - Remove seeds.
1. Peel & cube potatoes - deep fry and set aside.
2. Scrape Karelas , I don't salt them as I like a bit of biter - cut into thin rings .
3. Lightly saute karela with a bit of salt till 75% done - set aside.
4. Cut onions lengthwise into slices .
5. Heat oil , splutter all the seeds , when aromatic and done add onions and saute onions till they begin to color . Now add ginger and all the spice , cook a minute then tip in fried potatoes and karela - mix , cook 5-6 minutes for flavors to blend.
6. Last 30 seconds add diced tomatoes , mix , cover and take off heat . Allow the dish to stand covered for 4-5 minutes before serving.If you are serving the dish later , add tomatoes when heating up the veggies - you want tomatoes to keep some shape and bite , and their juices.