Tuesday, 6 June 2017

Desi Fish Salad #sikandalouscuisine


I wanted to eat fish salad for dinner , read up a lot of recipes but nothing screamed ' make me ' . I then recalled Kalpana had posted a Raw Mango Onion Jaggery recipe which I had made and loved. So taking that as the base for my recipe , I made this delectable fish dish , which could be eaten as is or cooled and served on a bed of lettuce as a salad.

I am seldom impressed with what I cook as most of my cooking is regular cooking - this dish impressed me no end  so happily boasting while I share with you this sweet , sour , spicy Desi Fish Salad !

200 Grams Boneless Fish Fillet - Clean and apply haldi , cube.
Other Ingredients:
1 Raw Mango.
1 Onion.
2-3 Dried Red Chilies.
A Pinch of Turmeric Powder.
1/2 Teaspoon Chilly Powder.
1 Tablespoon Jaggery.
Salt to taste
1 Tablespoon Oil.
1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds.
1 Sprig Curry Leaves.
A Pinch of Hing.
Cherry Tomatoes - Optional

Method:

1. Grate mango and onion , mix them and add jaggery, salt, turmeric & chilli powder , at this stage you can adjust flavors too.
2. Heat oil , splutter mustard seeds , dried chilies , add curry leaves and hing , then add fish cubes and saute 2 minutes.
3. Now tip in the mango onion jagger mixture along with cherry tomatoes if using , gently toss and Turn off the heat after two minutes. Let this stand covered for all flavors to develop and combine. 
4. Serve as is or cooled and served on a bed of lettuce as a salad..

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment