Monday, 26 June 2017

Crab Masala Fry #sikandalouscuisine


​This is the first time I cooked crab and now can't wait to lay my hands on more - why I was intimidated by them I am clueless ! ​A lot of google and some youtubes lead me to come up with this recipe . I like my crab dry whenever eaten in restaurants and thats the route I took here too .

6 Medium Sized Crabs.
Step 1 - Onion Coconut Paste :
1 Tablespoon Chopped Onion.
4 Tablespoons Grated Coconut.
1 Large Tomato.

Step 2 - Masala Roasted :
1 Teaspoon Coriander Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Jeera .
1 Teaspoon Black Peppercorn.
2 Dried Red Chilies.

Other Ingredients:
1/2 Onion - Chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi Powder.
1/2 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder.
1 Teaspoon Garlic Paste.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Paste .
4 -5 Tablespoons Coconut Grated Coconut .
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice.
Salt

1. Roast onion and coconut listed under paste in a dot of oil when light brown cool and liquidise with tomato listed there. 
2. Dry roast ingredients under step 2 , cool and grind coarsely - this is a very aromatic mixture.
3. Heat oil , add onions , when light brown add ginger garlic paste , coconut mixture and spice mixture , mix well , cook covered on low till you see some oil.
4. Tip in haldi and chili powder along with salt . Mix well , add crab, mix and cook covered 5-6 minutes on low heat , stir occasionally .
5. Add grated coconut , mix well , and continue cooking for another 15 minutes or so till all crab shells are red - a sign that crab is cooked.Stir in lemon juice to bring flavors together.
This came out superb - I am hooked !

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket #veebaasianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment