I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Wednesday, 28 June 2017
Clam Sukha #sikandalouscuisine
500 Grams Clams
4 Tablespoons Grated Coconut.
4 Tablespoons Onions.
Lightly Roast Masala :
1Teaspoon Coriander Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Black Peppercorn.
Other Ingredients :
1 Heaped Teaspoon Tamarind Paste -Adjust.
2 Teaspoon Garlic Chopped
1 Small Onion Minced.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Mustard Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Thick Tamarind Paste - Mix with 1/2 cup water.
Lots of Torn Curry Putta.
1. Wash clams thoroughly , open them , retain the part with meat.
2. Dry roast onion coconut mixture in a dot of oil till coconut is light brown .
3. Grind together roasted coconut mixture and roasted masala mixture - Add no water . It will look like breadcrumbs.
4. Heat oil , add curry leaves , when they begin to lose color tip in mustard seeds. Curry leaves have infused their flavors in your oil to an extent.
5. When mustard seeds quit dancing around the wok add garlic and onion ,when light brown tip in the coconut masala mixture , saute a minute.Add in clams , mix well and cook in the dry masala for about 3-4 minutes. Lastly add Tamarind water , mix well and cook covered for 2 minutes or so.