Admin madness was only on pause , and now continues in full swing !
Experimenting with newer versions of curd rice - lead me to make this delicious one after seeing 3 beetroot sitting near dead in my fridge .Here I pressure cooked rice with ginger - what amazing flavors developed through and through.
Main Ingredients :
1 Cup South Indian Red Rice
2 Cups Milk.
1 Cup Water.
1 Cup Water.
2 Tablespoons Minced Ginger.
2 Tablespoon Curd.
2 Cups Warm Milk - Adjust as you keep adding into the rice.
1 Cup Grated Peeled Raw Beetroot.
1 Tablespoon Minced Green Chilies - To taste.
1 Tablespoon Mustard Seeds.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Sambar Powder.
A Pinch of Hing.
1. Pressure cook rice in water + milk along with 2 Tablespoons Minced Ginger.for 5-6 whistles Red rice takes longer than basmati .Allow pressure to drop naturally , mash well.
2. While rice is cooking prepare ' Beet Masala ' - Heat oil , splutter mustard seeds , then add the balance ingredients.
3. Saute not more than 1 minute , cool.
4. Add 2 cups warm milk to the boiled and mashed rice and mash again .
5. When milk rice is just warm then tip in 2/3d of the Beet Masala and 2 tablespoons curd , mix well , taste and adjust flavors.Pat the top to level .
6. Spoon on balance Beet Masala topping over curd rice , sprinkle fried curry leaves and allow the rice to set for 3-4 hours depending upon the weather .Serve chilled. Enjoy !