Tuesday, 2 May 2017

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino #sikandalouscuisine



Serves 2 Cooking Time 15 Minutes.

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino or the classic oil and garlic chili pasta , here with prawns added in.I have this crop of Bhut Jolokia chilies grown from seeds Polly Bora got for me from Assam , and I used these chilies in this pasta along with prawns I had bought from #lionfresh using our sikandalous cuisine discount " SIKANDALOUS " to get 15% off. **

200 grams of Spaghetti.
14 Prawns - Mine were large so I cut them into 2-3 pieces - Optional , not in the traditional recipe.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Garlic Chopped- adjust.
Chili Flakes / Chillies Minced - Adjust.
Chopped Herbs - I used Coriander Greens.
Salt.
Olive Oil.

1. Boil spaghetti as per instructions on pack till just done . Strain and reserve 1/4 cup liquid.
2. Heat oil , saute garlic over low heat for about one minute , garlic should just about begins to get soft and remain white .
3. Add chilies , and prawns if using , and saute no more than a minute till prawns change color.Add reserved water and bring to a boil.
4. Tip in the spaghetti and season with the chopped greens and salt. Toss so that the spaghetti is coated with the olive oil and prawn mixture ensuring everything is well combined. 
5. Serve immediately adding grated Parmesan if using - I didnt add any as I liked the taste of my spaghetti as it was.
This came out spicy and delicious .

To avail your discount log on to www. lionfresh.com and when checking out type SIKANDALOUS in the discount tab.

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment