I am a traveller , recipe developer and an avid cook . I run my facebook cooking group called sikandalous Cuisine and also organise India's biggest Oriental food festival called Asian Hawkers Market .#asianhawkersmarket
Bigtime into nature and animals - and yes there is a fun side too waiting to be discovered !
Do follow me on instagram https://www.instagram.com/atul_sikand/
Saturday, 20 May 2017
Mango Lemon Loaf #sikandalouscuisine
Recipe Source House of Yumm Through Karen Faye D'Souza
Preheat Oven 175-180C Baking Time Aprox 50 Minutes. Toothpick test to be done.
One look at the Strawberry Lemon Loaf Karen Faye D'Souza made I knew I had to make it too . As strawberries arent in season , I thought I would go with mangoes. A look in my fridge produced one measly mango . A deeper look and I found some dehydrated apricots ! I suddenly remembered someone had gifted me citrus and mint flavored sugar. Looks like all the powers that be were working overtime for me to make this cake and use up odds and end too ! Here is what I did .
1 Cup Citrus Mint Sugar - Use regular sugar.
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest .
1.5 Cups All Purpose Flour.
1/4 Teaspoon Salt.
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
1 cup vanilla greek yogurt (full fat Amul dahi works just fine)
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder.
3 Large Eggs.
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice.
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil.
1 Cup Diced Mango.
4-5 Dehydrated Apricots - Soak in hot water for 10 minutes and cut into pieces,
1/2 Tablespoon Flour.
1. In small bowl combine the lemon zest and sugar. Mix together with your fingers until zest is coated with sugar and mixture is fragrant (will smell like lemon!)
In large bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar zest mixture. Whisk together to combine.
3. In another medium bowl beat the eggs, add in the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, vegetable oil, stir until combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently to mix.Toss the mangos & apricots with the 1/2 tablespoon of flour. Once batter is mostly mixed, gently fold in
mango and apricot.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Using the back of the spoon evenly spread the batter.
6. Bake for approximately 60 minutes. Top will be browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out clean once done. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes then turn the pan upside down to remove the bread from the pan. Move loaf to wire rack to continue cooling.
Important - Taste your mangos , that will determine how much sugar you need - add more or less according to the mango sweetness.