Saturday, 15 April 2017

Thai Black Rice Pudding With Caramelised Coconut & Fruits #sikandalouscuisine



This lovely recipe is a take on a similar dessert I ate in Thailand .There was no recipe given , just memories of the taste , ingredients used and my savior Google Ji to guide me . I went with my instincts and with what the net guided me and here is what was made - it was subtle , not overly sweet and delicious.

ingredients
1 Cup Black Rice.3 Cups Coconut Milk.
2 Cups Water
4-5 Tablespoons Palm Sugar - Use any.
1/2 Cup Coconut Shavings.
2-3 Tablespoons Sugar - To caramelize coconut shavings.
Some Raisins - Cut into two.
A Pinch of Salt.

Wash black rice thoroughly , it will bleed , its normal.Soak rice overnight in water - next day discard the colored water.I then simmered the rice in 2 cups of water  , salt adding in another 2 cups of coconut milk till rice was tender.- About 30-35 minutes .

Once rice was 90 % cooked , I add in the sugar and raisins. Cook another 4-5 minutes, took off heat and chilled the pudding.Then add in most of the caramelised coconut - which gave a great taste and bite . To serve , I Garnished the dessert with diced mangoes and some caramelized coconut , and poured some more sweetened coconut milk onto the dessert.

To make the caramelised coconut:
1 Cup Coconut Shavings / Gr
ated.
100 Grams Palm Sugar.
 Put the grated coconut and sugar in a saucepan with a little water and stir constantly over medium heat until thick.Add coconut and allow it all to caramelize slowly .


Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment