200 Grams Bhindi - Trim ends and make a shallow slit half way.
1 Kg Tomatoes - Blanch , peel skin , puree.
1 Teaspoon Haldi Powder.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder.
Tamarind Paste To Taste.
1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds.
1/2 Teaspoon Methi Seeds.
1 Teaspoon Kilonji Seeds.
Dried Red Chilies - Adjust.
A Generous Pinch of Hing.
2. Lightly saute each vegetable seperately , set aside.
3. Heat oil , splutter tempering ingredients , adding methi seeds 10 seconds before others.Now add red chili powder, haldi and a few seconds later stir in besan mixture. Mix well , and simmer on low for about 10 minutes till it all comes together.
4. Tip in the tomato puree ad salt , and simmer this for about 10 - 15 minutes.
5. Add tamarind paste , mix well . This is your base curry and at this stage adjust flavors.
6. Now add in all vegetables , simmer a couple of minutes . Serve with rice.