Monday, 10 April 2017

Railway Mutton Curry #sikandalouscuisine



​Recipe Credits - Bridget White from her fantastic cookbook ANGLO-INDIAN DELICACIES

This was delicious , why did I not make this earlier ! There are many versions of this recipe in various cookbooks - I choose to go with Bridget's as she is the expert on Anglo Indian Cuisine and I have cooked many of her recipes , all come out perfect . Here is what I did .

500 Grams Mutton.
6 Peppercorns.
2 Big Onions Sliced Long & Thin.
2" Cinnamon.
2 Cloves/Laung.
2 Cardamon - Color not specified , I used 4 green cardamons.
10 Curry Leaves.
4 Red Chilies Broken.
1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste - I used 1 teaspoon of each , 2 in total.
2 Tablespoons Vinegar or 1/2 Cup Tamarind Pulp - I used vinegar.
​1 Large Potato - Peel , Cube and deep fry - this isn't in the recipe , I like potatoes in curry so added.
2 Tablespoons Refined oil.
Salt.

1. Marinate mutton in ginger , garlic salt and pepper . I left it for an hour.
2. Heat oil , add cloves and cardamon dried red chilies and curry leaves . After 30 seconds tip in onions and cook till onions are golden brown.
3. Add meat , bhuno for a while to sear well. Once that is done add vinegar and enough water and cook on medium heat till tender. At this stage I baked my mutton in a tightly sealed pot at 160C for 45 minutes.
4. When meat has cooked , add potatoes if using and fry till the gravy is thick and dark.

This was fingerlicking good . Make your curry thick , not runny .

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment