Saturday, 29 April 2017

Prawns in Basil Pesto #sikandalouscuisine


My friend Arun was coming over for a drink , and I know he loves prawns that I cook for him , which I get the pleasure to do a few times a year. At a loss for a new recipe I chanced upon Divya Berry's Basil Pesto bottle which is always in fridge .That was all I needed really to whip up some delicious prawns in a jiffy .This is what we did :

10 Prawns .
1 Teaspoon Chopped Garlic.
1/2 Onion - Minced.
4-5 Heaped Tablespoons of Basil Pesto ****
Juice of 1/2 Lemon.
Salt.

Heat oil , add onions and garlic together and if you like a chili or two . When onions are translucent add salt , and prawns.
Saute 1 minute , add basil pesto , stir to mix splashing some water along with lemon juice .Cook no more than another minute.
You are good to go ! That short , sweet and perfect . Thank you Divya for delivering to our doorsteps organic , preservative free delicious and healthy products .

**** I used The Food Farm Company's Basil Pesto - go with any brand - or simply add 1/2 cup chopped basil or coriander greens and cook them in - you will get some delicious prawns on your plate !

Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
Director, Asian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd. #asianhawkersmarket
Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/ #sikandalouscuisine
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/




No comments:

Post a Comment