Chicken in a Tangy Sauce With Apricots
Recipe Credits Chef Anahita Dhondy
Another gem from the sikandalous cuisine master class with Anahita Dhondy - Don't let the long list of ingredients intimidate you . Once you have everything around you , the cooking is actually effortless.
1 Kg Chicken - Cut to desired sized pieces.
2 Onions- Finely chopped.
4 Green Chilies Slit - I chopped mine.
2 Tablespoons Ginger & Garlic Paste.
1 Teaspoon Parsi Sambhar Masala.
1 Teaspoon Garam Masala .
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder.
1 Teaspoon Dhania Powder.
1 Teaspoon Haldi.
1 Teaspoon Jeera Powder.
1/2 Cup Yogurt.
2 Star Anise.
1 Bayleaf .
1" Cinnamon Stick.
50 Ml Oil - I used ghee too.
1/4Th Teaspoon Saffron.
5 Tomatoes Chopped.
1 Teaspoon Vinegar.
1 Teaspoon Jaggery.
7-8 Dried Apricots Soak in water for a few hours and I pureed half of them.
1. Marinate chicken with ginger garlic paste , yogurt , saffron , and salt for a few hours.
2. Brown onions in oil and add all the masalas.
3. Add green chilies and chicken , bhuno well , then add tomatoes. After 10 minutes add the apricots , whole and pureed.
4. Add water , cook till chicken is done . Now add vinegar and jaggery and cook another minute.
5. Serve garnished with Sali / Potato Sticks.
The dishwas so vibrant with flavors .. tangy , hint of sweet and yes that kick of chili too .
Loved it !