Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Scallops & Shallots in Green Curry #sikandalouscuisine


I love scallops and don't get a chance to cook them often due to non availability in Delhi .Much to my joy I discovered. #lionfresh had them online and I hit the buy button and availed my 15% sikandalous cuisine discount too , which made it even better . I wanted to cook them spicy India style and here is what I did .

250 Grams Scallops.
5-7 Shallots - Blanche in hot water for 1 minute , remove and set aside.
1 Tablespoon Butter.
1 Onion Chopped.
Lemon Juice To Taste.
Coconut Milk - From remaining half coconut.
Green Paste:
1/2 Coconut 
5-7 Green Chilies - Adjust.
1/2 Cup Dhania Greens.
5-7 Cloves Garlic.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera .

In a very hot pan add butter , as it sizzles , add scallops . Scallops should be nicely dried before cooking . Seer scallops lightly half minute on each side. I didn't brown mine. Take scallops out and place them on kitchen paper.

Heat oil in a wok , saute onions till they soften , not color , add green paste and blanched shallots , saute till oil comes on the side , adding splashes of coconut milk - say 3-4 minutes.Now add in the scallops , saute another 2-3 minutes , add in what remains of the coconut milk - cook another minute max. Adjust seasoning and add lemon juice to taste .

A delicious dry curry - I couldn't decide whether shallots tasted better or scallops !


Atul Sikand
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd.
​  #asianhawkersmarket​

Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment