Thursday, 20 October 2016

Thakurma's Meat Curry #sikandalouscuisine


This simple Meat Curry is from Gourmet's Gateway - A Royal Collection Compiled by Rajmata Gayatri Devi of Jaipur. Here cooking is done in two different stages using two different fat - Ghee and Mustard Oil . Probably this was meant to be a dry curry , I added some water to get a gravy which is why I increased the spice and mentioned the same while reproducing the original recipe.

1 Kg Mutton.
1/4 Kg Curd.
3 Large Onions.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera - I used 1 teaspoon.
1/4 Teaspoon Black Peppercorns -  I used 1 Teaspoon.
​1/2 Teaspoon Dhania Powder - 
 I used 
​2​
 Teaspoon
​s​
.​
1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chili Powder For Color - Not in recipe.
6 Dried Red Chilies - 
 I used 1
​0​
.
1" Ginger - I used 1.5"
1 Tablespoon Mustard oil - 
 I used 
​2 Tablespoons​
.
1 Tablespoon Ghee - I used 2 Tablespoons.
3 Bay Leaves.
1 Teaspoon Sugar - I used none .
Salt To Taste.

1. Marinate meat in curd for 2 hours minimum.
2. Grind onion , ginger and all the spice together - save 2 chilies.I added all this masala to the marinating meat - this isnt a step in the recipe.
3. Heat mustard oil , add 2 bay leaves and the 2 chilies  , when aromatic add marinating meat and sear on high , then add some water and cook on very low till done.
4. When all the water dries up , remove from heat .
5. In another vessel heat up ghee , add remaining bay leaf , when aromatic add the cooked meat and all masala.Add little water and cook a few minutes for the flavors of ghee to blend in. Add sugar and remove from fire.

I increased water and got a semi gravy - what we call luga lipta , but a bit more. This came out yum !


Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
DirectorAsian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd.
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment