Friday, 7 October 2016
Khajoor Seviyan #sikandalouscuisine
After deliciously experimenting using dates / khajoor to flavour Rabri I decided to use up all leftover dates in the fridge and make a seviyan along the same lines .
2 Litres Full Cream Milk.
Aprox 100 Grams Vermicelli
1/2 Cup Assorted Nuts and Chopped Dates - Fried in Ghee.
Jaggery / Sugar To Taste
1 Teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder.
3-4 Tablespoons Ghee
1. Roast Vermicelli in a bit of ghee for 4-5 minutes till golden brown. Set aside.
2. Bring milk to a boil and simmer 20 -25 minutes.
3. Add Jaggery /Sugar to desired sweetness.
4. Add vermicelli,cardamon powder , fried nuts and simmer 2-3 minutes.
5. I added a paste made with 10-12 Seedless dates - that gave a super flavour but that's only because I had them handy.
Seviyan / Kheer will thicken as it cools , do keep that in mind. You can eat this hot or cold , I love mine cold.