Sunday, 14 August 2016

Methi Chaman #sikandalouscuisine



E
​ver since I bought KASHMIR COOKING  by K.P Dar my love affair with Kashmiri Pandit Cuisine has Blossomed ! Now I cook from this book at least once a week and am in love with the vegetarian recipes I have tried out . Methi Chaman is one such gem . K P Dar's recipe doesn't contain an palak to balance out bitterness of methi , and I followed the recipe and it tasted fantastic .

50 Grams Fresh Methi or 25 Grams Kasoori Methi .
500 Grams Paneer.
150 Grams Ghee.
Hing.
4 Pieces Laung.
1/2 Teaspoon Jeera.
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi.
1/2 Teaspoon Sonth Powder.
Green Chilies Minced.
​1 Heaped Teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Powder ( color )
Salt​
​1" Ginger Crushed ( I used 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste ).
1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala​.

Grind Methi on sil butta and set aside.
Cut Paneer in 1" size pieces and fry till light brown.
In remaining ghee splutter hing , lung and jeera , then add methi and cook till it emits its strong flavours.4-5 minutes.
I splashed some water and added in add all the masalas leaving garam masala for the end .
Once masalas cooked 30 seconds or so add 1.5 cups water , bring to a boil , as it begins to thicken add fried paneer , cook covered on low for 4-5 minutes. Take off heat adding garam masala and dhania greens.


Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment