Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Geela kurmura #sikandalouscuisine


Nisha Mehak you are a STAR and your aunt who taught you this is a SUPERSTAR ! What a delicious recipe ! I was apprehensive how it would work , but boy , did it work perfectly ! 
I am posting Nisha's recipe below . I made small changes . I added lemon juice into the masala before adding the soaked rice , that way the flavours spread evenly. I also added in a fistful of Hara Dhania into the masala to bring out those flavours too . I avoided Haldi .

My aunt taught Me this dish,it is very similar to poha yet it has its own flavor,a different and a very quick breakfast option 
Two big bowls of kurmura or puffed rice...washed and soaked in water for 2-3 minutes and then drained and topped with turmeric powder and red chilli powder
1 onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
Curry leaves
2-3 green chillies
1 tablespoon peanuts
Little hing
Salt,as per taste
1/2 spoon sugar
1 spoon Oil
Rai,jeera
Corriander for garnish
1 spoon Lime juice
Heat the oil in a kadai....add rai,jeera,hing,curry leaves,green chillies,peanuts and cook for a minute then add onion and tomato...add salt ,sugar and cook covered on sim for another 2-3 minutes then add the geela kurmura...give it a quick mix and cover it and cook for 2-3 minutes add the lime juice and mix now add coriander leaves for garnish and enjoy

Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/



No comments:

Post a Comment