Sunday, 31 July 2016

Doodh Begun (Eggplant in Milk) #sikandalouscuisine


Feedback time for Trisha Rudra - When I read the recipe I went wow - milk and baingan  , that had to be tried and I am glad I did as this is one delicious dish . I altered the cooking technique and shortened the process without compromising on the dish I think. I did away with STEP 2 and began cooking baingans in kalo jeera and chiles as mentioned in STEP 3. My milk didn't curdle much , so I sprinkled 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice to get some curdling going.Thank you once again for this superb recipe.
Ingredients:
Eggplant/Brinjal - 1 large or 2 medium sized, sliced in roundels
Milk - 200 to 250 ml (just enough to dip the eggplants)
Mustard oil - 2 tbsp (reserve little for drizzling on top later)
Green chilies - slit, few
Turmeric - 2 to 3 tsp (for colour and taste)
Kalo jeera/Nigella seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander - a handful, chopped
Salt - to taste
Method:
1. Slice the eggplant and toss lightly in some salt and turmeric.
2. Heat a kadhai with a few drops of MO.Slide the eggplants in, and on a low flame, let them soften for 2 to 3 mins by placing a cover on top.(not fry, just soften slightly).
Remove the cover, and take out the eggplants.
3. Add the rest of the MO, once hot, add the kalo jeeraLet them sputter, add the turmeric, green chilies and eggplants back.Once the eggplants edges turn slightly brown, add salt.Now lower the heat, and slowly, add the milk; it will splutter and bubble.Place a lid and steep the eggplant in the milk for 3 to 4 mins.
4. Lastly, sprinkle coriander, and serve the dish hot with a drizzle of MO, and some hot steamed rice.

Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment