Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Sweet Chili Potato #sikandalouscuisine​

Sweet Chili Potato #sikandalouscuisine
A Chinjabi Speciality !

I was gifted this brilliant hamper of Veeba products on my birthday and have been sharing some recipes made using those sauces and dressings . Here too I have gone the Veeba way using their Sweet Chili Sauce to plate up a delicious Sweet Chili Potato snack for the kids and me . This is what I did .

​I took three large unpeeled potatoes , cubed and soaked them in salted water for 30 minutes , after which they were dr​ained and lightly oiled with my hands , loosely wrapped in foil and air fried for 22-25 minutes at 200 C .Meanwhile I got prepping my Sweet Chili Sauce.

2 Large Onions - Cut in four and separate ' petals ' . Steam these in a covered wok with a splash of water for 1 minute after adding in Kashmiri Chili Powder for color.Now add in dollops of Veeba Sweet Chili Sauce , add sugar salt and lemon juice to taste ,stir in roasted potatoes , cook another 2 minutes sprinkle in some roasted sesame seeds , and when serving garnish with more sesame seeds. That simple and delicious.

To Sum up ingredients.

3 Unpeeled Potatoes Cubed.
2 Large Onions -Cut in four chunks.
1 Heaped Teaspoon Kashmiri Chili Powder.
2/3d Cup Veeba Sweet Chili Sauce.
Salt , Sugar & Lemon Juice - To taste.
1 Tablespoon Lightly Roasted Sesame Seeds.

Roasted / baked potatoes have so much more depth of flavor than boiled or stir fried ones - a​nd whenever possible I take this route using my air fryer to get evenly roasted potatoes / vegetables.​


I hope you enjoy this as much as the kids and I do .

Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/




No comments:

Post a Comment