Tuesday, 10 May 2016

Milk Pudding ‪#‎sikandalouscuisine‬




This recipe is from Bridget White Kumar superb cookbook - A collection of Simple Anglo Indian Recipes , which she posted on sikandalous yesterday . Inspired by the post , I followed the recipe and made some changes which I mention in the foot notes . Here is Bridgets recipe as written out by her.
MY MUM’S SIMPLE MILK PUDDING
Serves 6 Time Required : 25 minutes
Ingredients
1 litre full cream milk.
1 can or tin of sweet condensed milk (Milkmaid)
2 teaspoons corn flour or vanilla custard powder *
4 slices white bread**
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond essence
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder***
Remove the crusts from the Bread and then cut each slice into one inch cubes.
Mix the corn flour in ½ cup of cold milk till smooth. Keep aside.
Boil the milk and condensed milk together. Mix in the corn flour and milk mixture and the vanilla or almond essence and mix well.
Simmer on low heat, stirring all the time till the mixture thickens to a Custard like consistency.
Mix in the bread cubes and remove from heat. Pour into a suitable glass Pudding Bowl and sprinkle cinnamon powder on top
Leave in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours before serving.
This sweet dish came out superb - will ne made very often from now onwards . Thank you Bridget - awesome recipe .
My changes
* I used 3 Heaped Teaspoons.
** I used 5 Slices of bread which I lightly layered with Apple Jam.
*** I added 1/2 Teaspoon of Five Spice Powder in the milk.
1. I added one chopped banana with bread pieces , gave a super taste .
2. As I had used Five Spice Powder I used no Cinnamon to sprinkle at the end.
Administrator & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment