Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Aubergine Baked with a Medley of Vegetables #sikandalouscuisine



I was staring at 2 long aubergines and half a zucchini that were hanging in the fridge and wondered what to do with them when it struck me that I could bake myself a cute one portion meal , flavoring it with basil , which is exactly what I did.

2 Long Aubergines - Cut into disks and salt for 20 minutes , rinse and pat dry.
5 Tablespoons Chopped Zucchini - 1/4" pieces.
1 Large Tomato - Remove seeds and chop like Zucchini.
4-5 Tablespoons Crumbled Mozzarella  Cheese.


Make Basil Pesto- Blitz all the ingredients listed below .
20-25 Basil Leaves.
1/2 Teaspoon Minced Garlic.
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil.
Sal.
Crushed Black Pepper.


Toss all the vegetables in basil pesto , either layer and bake like I have shown , or simply mix together with crumbled cheese , generously pour the balance pesto on the assembled dish- and bake covered for 25 minutes at 170C or till done.This dish not only looked stunning but tasted fabulous too .







Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment