Feedback for Debasish Bhattacharya who shared this gem of a dish with us a few days ago . I was intrigued as to how bitter neem and salted begun would work together with no other ingredient other than mustard oil . Was I in for a delicious surprise
, and in true Bengali style I started my meal with Neem Begun and boiled rice - Delicious !
Handful Tender Neem Leaves.
3 Small Bengun / Brinjal
Salt To Taste.
3 Tablespoon Mustard Oil
1. Wash and pat dry neem leaves.
2. Wash and cut brinjals in small dices.
3. Heat oil in a small wok and fry the neem leaves till crispy. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add the brinjal dices in oil. Fry them sprinkling salt to taste.
5. Adjust heat and cover with a lid for some time.
6. Remove lid and fry the brinjals till properly done.
7. Add the fried crispy neem leaves. Mix well.
8. Remove from heat and shift on a serving dish.
9. Neem Begun is ready.
Start your lunch with Neem Begun and hot rice.