Monday, 21 March 2016

Sole in Gochujang Sauce #sikandalouscuisine

 
Anurag Mehrotra posted a Gochujang Chicken that had my taste buds in a tango and lead me to INA Market where I sourced this versatile Korean paste with ease .Gochujang is a red chili paste that also contains glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, salt, and sometimes sweeteners. It's spicy and pungent in flavor.Can be used as a marinade , to jazz up soup / curry or as a topping . Essentially if you have Gochujang handy - all your work is done for you !
I made this twice - a dry version where flavors were more intense and a slightly wetter one which looked better , but I preferred the intense taste of the dry on . For the wetter version just add 3-4 tablespoons of water into the marination .

Here is what I did :
200 Grams Sole Fillets
Marination:
1 Tablespoon Gochujang Paste.
2 Tablespoons Onions Chopped.
1 Teaspoon Garlic Minced.
1 Medium Sized Tomato - Cut into thick fingers.
Extra chilies to taste.
Salt.
1 Teaspoon Oil.
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice.
Marinate fish in the above for 20-30 minutes , place in foil wrapped dish and air fry at 180C for 15 minutes ( I didn't pre heat ) or pan fry 5-7 minutes till done.
OR
Pany fry 7-8 minutes till done !

Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

1 comment: