Saturday, 30 January 2016

 
 
Farzi Cafe in Connaught Place took me by surprise . I wasnt expecting this fabulous space when I walked in . Spacious , well conceptualized and styled the restaurant comes with many columns ( old building )  which actually work in its favor by creating many individual spaces and nooks . You get that feeling of privacy while being in the midst of all the action . The best part - an expanse of windows which overlook the green center of Connaught Place and on a windy day you see National Flag sway gracefully .
The bar has a prominent place and for all the right heady reasons. A huge collection of malts , fun Bunta drinks and some clever cocktails / mocktails all priced exceedingly well . My focus remained the food as always so lets talk food ! Chorizo & Scallions " Paddu Yaki " on Smoked Tomato Parmesan Appams and Delhi Belly ( pork ) Tikkas are a must do , this is the best pork tikka I have eaten  . Tempura Fried Prawns with Nimbu Mirchi ' Air ' saw me take two portions.Crunchy and flavored brilliantly.

Hand pulled Rogan Josh in a red bun colored with Kashmiri Onion gave you that farzi Twist . I loved the patty , melt in mouth perfection. Bheja Fry is a must order again . I normally dislike Bheja , but this one was brilliant as was Mutton Irachi Pepper Fry. Slow cooked Lamb Shanks wont leave you disappointed I assure you.I am not a dessert person , but simply loved Nolan Gur Baklava .
I really like this new Farzi Cafe a lot . Saurabh has taken the food to a new place . Less on gimmicks and big on techniques and flavors Saurabh Udinia has come into his own beautifully . When I met him at the restaurant he was radiant and confidant - glowing with his well deserved success . Farzi Cafe to my mind is perhaps one of the best dining destinations today and all on a pocket friendly budget . Do head there - you will love it.
 
Atul Sikand
Founding Member ,Delhi Gourmet Club
Director, Asian Hawkers Market Pvt. Ltd.
Proprietor Chef And U -
Administrator  & Owner Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment