Friday, 4 December 2015

Methi Aur Dhuli Mung Dal Ki Khichri ‪#‎sikandalouscuisine‬


A brilliant combination of flavors at play here , this recipe came to mind when I was contemplating khichri for lunch. Fresh vegetables arrived from my farm including methi , so I thought combining methi in my khichri would give some brilliant results , which there were .
1 Cup Rice - Wash and soak for 30 minutes, drain.
3/4th Cup Dhuli Mung Dal. Wash and soak for 30 minutes , drain
1 Cup Chopped Methi - Salt for 10 minutes , squeeze out water , wash and squeeze out water again
1 Tablespoon Chopped Ginger.
1 Teaspoon Jeera.
1 Small Onion Chopped.
Haldi
Hing
Salt

Heat ghee , splutter jeera till aromatic, add hing along with onion and ginger.Cook till onions soften , then add all spice and methi.Saute methi for 5-6 minutes , add rice and dal , saute and then add water to get desired consistency . I am partial to ' dry ' khichri as the pic shows .
This is a delicious combination as I discovered to my delight and shall be a regular on my table through winter when fresh methi greens are in supply.
Administrator & Hawaldar
Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/
More About My Work At , http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment