Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Mangshor Gota Moshla - Mutton Cooked with Whole Spics #sikandalouscuisine


This gem of a recipe I got from Minakshie DasGupta's Bangla Ranna . A wonderful recipe - few ingredients that work together brilliantly .
1 Kg Mutton.
250 Grams Curds.
200 Grams Ghee ( I used 100 Grams as I added Mustard Oil Too ).
8-10 Dried Red Chilies.
8-10 Cloves/Lung.
15 Black Peppercorns.
500 Grams Onions- Halved and finely sliced.
150 Grams Ginger - Finely sliced.
150 Grams Garlic - Minced.
1/2 Teaspoon Kesar/Saffron.
1 Tablespoon Milk ( I avoided )
Salt.
1 Teaspoon Kashmiri Mirchi Powder ( My addition )
3 Tablespoon Mustard Oil ( My addition )
Mix everything together - I marinated overnight .Next day bring to room temperature , heat oven to 150 C and in a tightly sealed heavy lidded dish bake for 70 -80 minutes.Take off heat , if you need to adjust gravy do that in a wok.
OR
Pressure cook adding 2 teaspoons besan powder to mutton for 20-30 minutes.
OR
Cooke covered over a low flame till done.
This is a brilliant and super yum recipe . I added 1 tablespoon ghee just before serving .

Administrator  &
​ Hawaldar​
Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment