Saturday, 14 November 2015

Machha Besara ‪#‎sikandalouscuisine‬


Totally in awe of all the delicious fish posts I have been eyeing from members , specially those with Bengal and Oriya influences , I did a bit of reading and made this recipe from odiakitchen - Can't say how authentic it is , all I do know is that it was delicious.

300 Grams Sole .
1 Big Onion sliced
1 Tomato diced
1. Potatoes – sliced (optional)
1.5 Tablespoons Mustard seeds
10 Cloves Garlic
1/2 " Ginger
4 Green Chilies ( my touch , I didn't use red chili powder as per recipe )
1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Mustard Oil
1 Teaspoon Ghee ( my touch )
Dried Mango – Ambula
(2) or curd (1/4 cup) - I used neither .
1 Teaspoon Mustard seed ( my touch ).
3-4 Dried Red Chilies ( my touch ).

1.Make a paste of mustard seeds , green chilies , ginger and garlic . Set aside.
2.Apply salt and haldi to the fish , ten minutes later fry till done . Set aside.
3.In the same oil , fry potatoes , when done , drain and set aside.
4. Heat oil , splutter an additional 1 teaspoon mustard seeds. Then add onions , when onions turn brown , add tomatoes and cook till oil separates.
5.Now add paste , cook 2-3 minutes , add potatoes haldi and salt. Saute a bit then add water, cover and sim cook 4-5 minutes.Taste , adjust chilies and salt , see if you needed any sour , I was happy without adding any.
6.Add fish and gently cook a minute , take off heat , add ghee.

No comments:

Post a Comment