Monday, 7 September 2015

Kerryann's Turkish-Style Couscous


This recipe is a take on what Jamie Oliver shared and to quote him " This super-simple couscous recipe is almost a salad – zingy, lightly spiced and brilliant with fish and chicken " . I saw Nishant's post and remembered I used to make this one so I looked up the recipe and here is my version of this awesome salad / side.
1 Measuring Cup Couscous.
1 Teaspoon Freshly Roasted & Ground Cumin/Jeera.
1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika - I took 2 whole dried red chilies , lightly burnt them and cut them fine.Gave the smokey flavor.
4 Tablespoons red onion diced.
2 Tablespoons Yellow Bell Peppers.
4 Tablespoons Chopped Red Bell Pepper.
4 Tablespoons Corn Kernels.
  • 2 ripe tomatoes - I used Cherry Tomatoes as I had them in the fridge - each cut into four.
  • 2 Tablespoons of fresh mint.
    6 Tablespoons of fresh coriander
    8 Tablespoons of fresh flat-leaf parsley.
  • 1 Teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
  • Juice From One Lemon.
    Mix couscous , cumin , salt , smoked chopped chilies , peppers , corn together in a bowl. Pour boiling hot water into the bowl covering couscous 1 " above. Stir and cover the bowl to retain the heat . Don't disturb it for 15 minutes.
    Now add in onions , lemon juice , oil , mint , and most of the tomatoes , coriander and parsley , mix gently with a fork , that will fluff couscous up . Adjust flavors , garnish with balance parsley , coriander and tomatoes , serve chilled or at room temperature.
    I am glad I rediscovered this beauty of a grain.

    Administrator  &
    ​Hawaldar at Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment