Saturday, 15 August 2015

Corn Bhel by #sikandalouscuisine



This is one of those snacks that just happened - and I am glad it did . I saw this offer of a buy 1 get 1 free of a premium frozen corn kernel packet offer and went for it . Each time I opened my freezer  these 2 bags of cleaned corn kernels kept staring me.So imagination came to play as did the need to eat a jhatpat ( wake up John N Anu​ ) recipe.

Go with the flow - adjust ingredients , here is what I did .
2 Cups Corn Grains / Kernels.
1 Large Onion Chop to corn size approximately.
2 Large Tomatoes - Remove seeds and chop to corn size.
3 Cups Puffed Rice / Murmuras.
3-4 Tablespoons Chopped Green Coriander / Dhania
Lemon Juice - To taste . I used 3 Tablespoons.
Green Chilies to taste .
Generous Dots Hing
Salt
1 Teaspoon Mustard Oil.
1 Tablespoon Mustard Oil

Heat 1 teaspoon mustard oil , add corn and hing . Saute 1-2 minutes JUST to warm up .Take off heat ,add everything else except for puffed rice and chopped dhania , when ready to serve add them too - adjust salt , spice and chilies - add the remaining raw mustard oil. Serve at once while puffed rice retains its crunchy bite. It cant get tastier , healthier or more delicious !

http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment