Sunday, 19 July 2015

Royal China , New Delhi - A Review


Royal China - You could be floating in the sky 250 ft above eating their sublime dim sum creations along with the much celebrated signature Aromatic Crispy Duck while taking in the spectacular view of Delhi's Skyline .I like the food at Royal China - they keep it quite authentic with just enough of ' Indian ' to cater to my palate , and I mean that in the nicest way .

Known for their Dim Sum , some say the best in town , their main courses don't get the attention they deserve .While there was no way I would bypass the dim sums , this visit we focused more on the mains . But first the dim sum , Seafood Dumpling with Ginger Chili Oil , Prawn Dumplings poached in soya and Chicken & Prawn Siu Mai were all outstanding .

Sauteed Prawns Chili Oil and Chicken with Chili & Black Bean Sauce were an excellent introduction to their mains.Exotic Vegetables were nice and flavorful , came cooking in some salt like thing. Sauteed Deep Fried Prawns in Salad Sauce was great .Roast Duck Honey Black Pepper was a winner all the way and did wonderful things to my taste buds .

The biggie for me was their newly introduced Crunchy Oats Pomfret garnished with deep fried curry leave - I mentioned they do just enough for the ' Indian ' in me ! This dish was innovative as it was commendable - I saved a tiny piece to eat after I ate dessert ( BTW they do the meanest Creme Brulee in town ) as I wanted this to be the last flavor in my mouth.....

You get the perfect experience at Royal China - fantastic Dim Sum and many a delectable selection of main plates , which seriously they should promote better as they have some great stuff which few seem aware of .

No comments:

Post a Comment