Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Coleslaw

 
 
Traditionally Coleslaw consisting mainly of finely shredded  cabbage , carrots  tossed in a vinaigrette salad dressing .I don't know when mayonnaise got introduced into this salad to give it a sweet and tart taste . Bell peppers too taste fabulous here . I keep my coleslaw a bit under dressed as I hate the overly gooey mayonnaise drenched salads one gets where there is no taste of the veggies or that delicious bite that releases their juices.Here is my take on a coleslaw served in individual cabbage cups.
1 Cup Finely Shredded Cabbage.
1 Large Carrot Grated.
1/2 Medium Sized Onion Sliced Fine.
Some Sliced Jalapenos.
4 Tablespoon Boiled Corn - Used because I had it in the fridge.
Cherry Tomatoes.
Dressing:
1/2 Cup Mayonnaise .
2 Tablespoons White Wine / Apple Cider Vinegar.
1 Teaspoon Grainy Mustard. - My touch.
1 Teaspoon Sugar.
Salt.
Nicely blend the dressing ingredients and toss into the vegetables. Adjust flavors . Keep chilled . When ready to serve you can do so in a bowl , or in individual cabbage ' cups ' / leaves as I have . Light , well balanced and delicious.


Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment