Monday, 1 June 2015

Bhapa Doi


Thank you Affaf Ali for being the inspiration behind this dish which I had never made before and perhaps tasted once. The cooking started with a disastrous - my staff who never shut off lights and fans decided to shut the power of the oven while we were steaming this yummy doi ! So my cooking time went a bit haywire as did the temperatures for a while , but the end result was perfect . I guess one steam bakes these till they are set .
800 Grams Curd - Hang in a muslin cloth for 4-6 hours.
1 Can Condensed Milk.
Pulp of 2 Mangoes .
Chopped Nuts - I used Pistachios.
 1 Large Pinch of Saffron  - Lightly heated and crushed.

Nicely beat mango pulp till smooth , now add the rest . I used a hand mixi at low and whipped it all together ensuring there were no lumps. I read over mixing will lead to curd giving out water so take care of that part . Mix in chopped nuts and some saffron .
Heat your oven to 150C , in a large dish fill boiling water half way up to the level of ramekins that have doi, decorate with nuts and saffron strands.Affaf's recipe said cover with foil - which I did , my cookbooks don't mention this .Bake for 25-30 minutes.Then turn off oven , leave the door open a bit and allow the Doi to cool down. Then refrigerate 2-4 hours and sit down to some delicious Mishti .


http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/

No comments:

Post a Comment