Tuesday, 26 May 2015

The Guppy Pop-Up At Olive Bar and Kitchen , Mumbai


At a recent event I did in Mumbai the client wanted The Guppy Pop-Up At Olive Bar and Kitchen as the venue , but didn't want mainly Japanese food . I was like , how is it going to work ? I Left my problem on Vikram Khatri​ kitchen table and within 2 hours we had a menu that worked for all .

Mediterranean pass arounds  , Vikram sneaked in his famous sushi which were the first to go , and in the mains we did a mix of mainly Mediterranean dishes - Spaghetti Rustica - Gralic and Basil infused along with Peperoni , and delicately flavoverd Fuselli Curry Cream Sauce with Prawns. Guppy specials inc the much celebrated Black Cod , Fillo Wrapped Bked Vegetables , Their Tofu  Curry Rice.

I was super impressed by his starters , which is what I am sharing here . Tomato Basil and Feta Crostinis , superb Arancini , Charcoal Roasted Mushroom - amazing flavors here . The big winners for me were the Wasabi Prawns and the Enoki Wrapped Bacon .Pizzas were Olive standard - superb as always .We ended up with a fantastic evening and the best of Guppy and Olive under on roof . The service as always was impeccable .

No comments:

Post a Comment