Sunday, 10 May 2015

Moplah Ghost Tari




This recipe is a total cheat one . Chef Harjeet Kumar had taught a Moplah Biryani recipe at the sikandalous cuisine master class which I had made and shared here. I recalled how delicous the mutton itself tasted - so this time I did away with the rice part this time - and here is Moplah Ghost Tari ! Just mix everything up - allow it to marinate and slow cook till done ! No bhuno , no drama !

1 Kg Mutton Marinated in :
1 Cup Hung Yogurt.
2 Teaspoons each Ginger & Garlic Paste.
3 Teaspoons Kashmiri Mirchi Powder.
1 Teaspoon Haldi.
1 Teaspoon Yellow Chili Powder ( use normal if unavailable ).
1/2 Teaspoon Minced Green Chilies.
1/2 Teaspoon Shahi Jeera.
1 Teaspoon Ginger Juliennes ( I forgot )
2-3 Teaspoons Desi Ghee.
3 Teaspoons Cream ( I didn't have )
4- Medium Sized Onions Sliced and Browned.
15 Mint Leaves.
3-4 Slit Green Chilies.
3 Teaspoons Minced Coriander Stems.
4-5 Tablespoons Refined Oil ( I used 3 Tablespoons Ghee )
100 Ml Coconut Milk ( I added mine not to the meat but to boiling rice when half done ).
50 Grams Mixed Whole Spice.
10 Grams Curry Leaves.
2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds .
Salt to taste
I marinated mutton overnight - Chef said 30 minutes was enough.

I then cooked my mutton in a dutch oven at 170 C for 45 minutes . You can cook it covered over low heat till done.

No comments:

Post a Comment