Sunday, 1 March 2015

Sweet n Sour Sauce


A simple and delicious recipe I got from my favorite food magazine BBC Goodfood. I adjusted pinapple juice at the end to balance flavors to suit my palate.

2 oz/ 50g Brown Sugar
2 oz/ 50g Malt Vinegar
6 oz / 150g Tomato Sauce or Ketchup
1 small tin pineapple chunks in juice
1 tbsp light soy
2 sliced spring onions (optional)

Combine all the ingredients except for spring onions , simmer for 5 minutes and garnish with spring onions .
To make it easier , use one part each of Vinegar and Sugar and three parts of Tomato Ketchup.Add and adjust pineapple juice and pieces to suit you . I was hesitant to use pineapple , but went and bought a can and boy am I happy I stuck with the recipe.
This is a delicious and versatile recipe - will work superbly with Chinjabi Cuisine too !

Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment