Sunday, 29 March 2015

La Bodega Revisited


After a superb fashion show by my friend Poonam Bhagat at India Fashion Week a few of us headed out to Khan Market - Delhi's most happening food hub, which was bustling with life . Fortunately I had called and booked our table at La Bodega and we sat on the terrace to a wonderful evening of eating and drinking - the atmosphere of the restaurant itself is a big plus as is their service.
Along with our drinks we opted for an old favourite - Shrimp Tostada and tried out Jalapeno and Cheese Quesadillas - both divine and the perfect start to a long evening.For mains we opted for Red Snapper which was good and of excellent quality . What was brilliant was Conchinita Pibil - slow roasted pork dish with achiote cooked in a banana leaf served with refined beans and pineapple , I repeat brilliant stuff.Half Roast Chicken with buttered Herbs and Mushrooms again excellent.

The icing on the cake was Pastel De Tres Leches - Cake made from three milks - it took me back to my childhood - a delicious homely old fashion cake served with Chantily Cream and fruits.
This is my third meal at La Bodega and each one has been better than the last . Do head here for a very authentic Mexican experience - it doesnt get any better I assure you .


Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment