I wish I had the patience to cut and plate and do this fabulous salad the visual justice it deserves . Do look beyond the picture and get into the flavors of this beautiful tangy , spicy with hints of sweet salad we learnt at the sikandalous master class at Neung Roi , Radisson Blu Plaza , Mahipalpur. Corn here lifts this recipe and does amazing things to the palate !
200 Grams Shredded Raw Papaya.
20 Grams Shredded Carrots.
200 Grams Corn Kernels.
40 Grams Whole Garlic
30 Grams Small Thai Red Chilies.
60 Grams Roasted & Slightly Crushed Peanuts.
60 Grams Tomatoes - cut into 1/2 inch pieces , with seeds.
60 Ml Lemon Juice.
1 Small Lemon - Cut into 4 , remove seeds and leave skin.
30 Grams Palm Sugar.
60 Ml Fish Sauce
1. In a mortar add garlic and chopped chilies , pound till mashed , add tomatoes and pound to break up tomatoes -You don't want a paste but a chunky mass.
2. Add lemon juice , palm sugar , fish sauce and pound 4-5 times. I added 2 lemon wedges too , Chef didn't.
3. Add shredded vegetables and lemon wedges and pound just a few times to release some juices .
Now add corn , roasted peanuts , gently mix and sit down to enjoying the most amazing salad !
1.Palm sugar looks a bit like jaggery / gur - if you don't have it , use brown sugar or regular sugar .
2. Vegetarians can avoid fish sauce and still make it - in which case add salt to the pounded ingredients .
3. Soak the shredded vegetables in regular cold water to make them really crunchy - Drain before plating .
4. Used regular tomatoes - I added cherry tomatoes as I had them handy .
Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/