Thursday, 11 December 2014

SodaBottleOpnerWala - Khan Market


A.D Singh has the eye for picking up the perfect property for his restaurants , the interiors are put together brilliantly which always sets the mood for a lovely meal - and that is what I experienced when I visited the very ' happy ' SBOW in Khan Market yesterday .We sat on the terrace taking in Delhi's beautiful winter afternoon and got down to serious business of eating - I focused on the vegetarian fare while Sourish Bhattacharyya Pablo Bartholomew and Ryan Bromley did full justice to the rest.

Alu Aunty Vegetable Cutlets came with a stuffing of cooked greens , were deliciously interesting and a great start to my meal while Chicken Pao was met with much appreciation as was Sali Boti , Parsi Mutton Roast , Dhansak ( I sneaked in a taste - it was delicious ) . Keema & Paratha I was told was great , Goan fish Curry initially lacked that killer punch till Mohit Balachandran came and waved his hand over it and bingo it tasted yum !
My focus was the vegetarian fare and I was not disappointed at all . A special mention for Breach Candy Awesome Okra - crunchy , unusual and fabulous .Tardeo AC Market Mama ji Grill Sandwich was again a must order if you like cheese and chili - two things I can live on .Paneer akori was majorly delicious , alu paratha the perfect sign off to the main meal , which ended with delectable mawa cake .
Do head to SBOW in Khan Market and take full advantage of the terrace , happy walls , great music and superb food . I didn't think Parsi knew how to spell vegetarian leave alone cook some super delicious vegetarian dishes !

No comments:

Post a Comment