Saturday, 20 December 2014

A Review of -Smokeys - Cyber Hub , Gurgaon



I love going to Smokeys - the place has a very happy vibe , some great food , and cocktails no restaurant can match - or that I have tasted elsewhere .All this with excellent not in your face service made our evening super fun . Normally I am a whiskey soda guy but here I make the exception as I love what their mixologist puts together - ingredients are in a drink NOT to give an obligatory twist but because they work and give you an experience that leaves you saying wow .

I started with a Vanilla Bourbon - pineapple and vanilla infused to deliciousness in the drink , that was followed with John's Maltini - Green apple with Glenmorangie and peach schnapps smoked beautifully - Tasted The New Old Fashioned - Jim Beam with fresh mandarin cucumber and God alone knows what else and ended with Lock , Stock & A Smokin' Barrel - Smoked smoked pineapple , cardamon and a killer shot of Absolut .

Thankfully there was plenty to eat in between and one walked out not looking too ' happy ' ! The food - now that is my first love always - and I must compliment the kitchen for some brilliant food. Chilli wings were finger licking good as were other wings we ordered - Reshambatti chilli (?) wings made with the deadly Bhavnagri chili . Pork meat loaf was tender and superb ( my best ), seriously good as were the pork and bacon burgers . Cheese and something loaded potatoes and super crispy ' samosa ' type cheese and corn made with phyllo pastry saw the veggies through the evening . I ended the evening sharing a pork chilli dog - pork sausage topped with mince pork and the works.

I love the food here - it's honest food - looks great , presented well and seriously delicious , - Do give yourself a treat at Smokeys .

No comments:

Post a Comment