Sunday, 23 November 2014

Onion Posto


This delicious recipe I goofed up the first time I made it yesterday and I couldn't figure out why it didn't taste as good as it read.I checked out recipes online , some YouTubes and still couldn't understand why what I had made tasted so odd having followed the recipe to the last word.I came to the conclusion that I am not Bong and this isn't meant to be and unhappily went to sleep.
THEN somewhere in the middle of the night like a flash it struck me - I had used sesame seeds and not poppy seeds !Needless to add that was the ed of my sleep too .
Today the first thing I did was to make this again WITH poppy seeds and it came out divine , and I am still not Bong !
Thesis ends !
150 Grams Poppy Seeds / Khas khas
3 Large Onions - 175 Grams.
6-8 Green Chilies.
1/2 Teaspoon Haldi.
Salt to Taste.
60-75 Ml Mustard Oil.

Take poppy seeds , some recipes soak them some dry grind . ( I didn't soak them ), then add chopped green chilies and grind to a coarse powder like consistency.Add about 100 Ml water and zap once more.
Cut onions medium thick , length wise.
Heat mustard oil , add onions , whole chilies and cook till onions begin to color , now add haldi and salt and the poppy seed chili paste.
Cook another 5-7 minutes on low till you can see the oil , add a bit of water if need be.
http://sikandalous-cuisine.blogspot.in/
Sikandalous Cuisine https://www.facebook.com/groups/325180622895/

No comments:

Post a Comment